There is a really easy recipe to make those cute Valentine’s chocolates.
You will need:
- At least 2 packages (depending on how much you wanna make) of 100 gr chocolate for making sweets (better if they are chocolates with 50% and more cocao mass)
- 1 small pot and 1 bowl bigger than the pot(or one bigger pot)
- A wooden spoon
- baking sheet
- caramelised almonds
- optional: chocolate molds
- Chop the chocolates so that they will melt better.
- Fill the pot with water and place it on heat until it boils. Reduce the temperature.
- Place the chopped chocolates in the bowl.
- Put the bowl on top of the pot unti the chocolate melts. This technique is called bain-mari (this links you to video to watch how is done)
- When the chocolate melts you can add the hazelnuts or the caramelised almonds.
- Put the chocolate with the nuts inside the chocolate molds. If you don’t have one (I happened to have one from Tiger which cost me 2 euros I think…) you can make small balls with a spoon and place them on the baking sheet.
- Let them harden on room temperature (It takes about 3 hours)
Those on the baking sheet have a very unique shape. In my country we call them “anomala” and this is how they look. Not the best picture, I know but they taste really good.
Also, you can add only hazelnuts or only caramelised almonds. With only the hazelnuts the chocolates are a little bit more bitter (I like them that way because I am not very fan of awfully sweet things) and with the caramelized almonds are more sweet.